We are looking for new volunteer helpers - community coordinators or coordinators!
The Česko.Digital community is very diverse. It is made up of volunteers from different fields, people from non-profit organizations and public administration, as well as representatives of our partner organizations. We are being heard more and more, the community is growing and it is not easy to find your way around. Volunteer community coordinators should play an important role in our ecosystem - their primary role will be to help newcomers take their first steps and get comfortable in the community.
What is ahead of you as a community coordinator?
The main purpose of the role is to look after newcomers to the community.
Your job will be to keep up to date with Slack's structure, current events, and opportunities in the community. You'll respond to introductions in the #introductions channel and look for relevant opportunities for newcomers based on preferences and experience - directing them to relevant channels, events or roles on projects or other activities.
What are the other options?
- You can also be a longer-term guide for newcomers, helping them in their first weeks in the community with orientation and connecting with other people.
- You can be involved in actively seeking new volunteers for specific projects.
- You can take part in onboarding activities.
What's in it for you?
- You will be involved in the development of a community that supports the effective use of technology to improve life in the Czech Republic.
- You'll meet great people in the team from a variety of backgrounds who are passionate about a good cause and helping those around them.
Are you interested in this opportunity? Let me know and I'll be happy to tell you more. If you're not on Slack, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3-5 hours a week